Play with LEGO and win $100!
Rebrickable will be hosting a month-long competition to encourage the submission of some great new MOCs. The nature of Rebrickable is to promote re-using your LEGO parts to build new stuff so this competition will focus on Alternate Builds. An Alternate Build is a MOC that uses only the parts from a single official LEGO set.
For this round, the set chosen is 6866-1 - Wolverine's Chopper Showdown. If you do not have this set, feel free to buy it via the Rebrickable links to help sponsor this competition! Or, you can make a purely digital model if you prefer. theskirrid has put together a starter LXF file with all the parts to help you get started!
Submit your Alternate Build MOCs via the Submit A MOC menu during the month of October 2013. At the end of the month, a poll will be taken in the forums to determine which MOC is the favourite.
Remember that all MOCs on Rebrickble must have building instructions when you submit them. These can be LEGO Digital Designer files, or simply step-by-step photos of the construction. If you need somewhere to host the files, you can use my other site Bricksafe to host them for free.
Don't forget to indicate the MOC is an alternate build of 6866-1 when you submit the MOC. Also please check that there is a 100% match for your parts to make the approval process easier. Click the link "Check Alternate Parts" which will attempt to build your MOC using only the set 6866-1. This should show 0 parts missing.
The winner will receive a gift certificate from their choice of either Amazon or eBay for the equivalent of AU$100 in their currency of choice.
- The MOC must be your own creation.
- You must only use parts from the 6866-1 set, including spare parts is ok. It does not have to use all the parts.
- You must have submitted your MOC before 31st October.
- Submissions can be talked about on the forum during the month, but voting will not start until EOM.
- Voting will take place from 1st to 7th November in this forum.
- A maximum of two submissions per designer will be considered for voting (the designer needs to nominate which two if they submit more).
I hope this will become the first of many monthly competitions. Future rounds and prize money will be determined by the success of this one.